Tuesday 29 March 2011

Crafty Cardmakers

I was so happy, proud and just generally chuffed to bits to be asked to join the Design Team on Crafty Cardmakers and this is the first challenge/spotlight I've taken part in.
I was asked to make a special card for a lady in my Mum's work for her 40th birthday and this is what I came up with. The card I used was printed using the Flower Fairy cd from Crafters Companion in two different colours. The little fairy is the Zinnia fairy also from the CD.

I cut the letters, numbers and the decoupage using my Craft Robo, I trimmed the white border on some of the decoupage so the fairy looked right. I used a Quickie Glue Pen on the edges and dipped them in some gliding flakes to get the nice edge to the letters and the numbers on the box. I added some flowers cut with a die and held together with a brad and the same ribbon I had used to tie the book together. I added some Glamour Dust to the little fairy for some sparkle.

I haven't done decoupage for ages so it was nice to do some. I am really looking forward to visiting your blogs and seeing what you've done with decoupage, if you want an explanation and an example of how to make your own see the Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Blog.

7 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

tracy did you get the patterns I sent you
Jacki xx

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful. Bet it will be much appreciated.
Jack xx

Susan.... said...

Hi Tracy !

What a gorgeous make ! and a big congratulation for making the DT wishing you lots of good luck !
Thank you for popping over to visit me and leaving your lovely comments !
Hugs
susan x

gillyflower said...

just love this i bet the lady who is going to receive it will be well chuffed
love that fairy have made my moms birthday card with her this year made it for my challenge a few weeks ago she's lovely. love what you have done with her
gill x

JoZart Designs said...

Oh Tracy... that's a really special card. Lot of work too. Well done.
Have added marbling info to my blog BTW!
JoZarty x
Hope to see you soon.

Lin said...

Tracy this is lovely. I think these word books always look so classy and you have done a wonderful job here.

I take it your hand is better now???

Lin xx

Made by Mandy said...

What a fabulous word book, I am sure it will be loved. The colours are pretty and really enhance the delicate fairy.

Welcome to the team, great to have you on board :)

Love Mandy xxx