Monday 9 January 2012

No Flower Embellishments

Welcome back to real life, well that's how it feels here, all the Christmas food has been eaten (just about) hubbie is back at work and DD has been at school last week but most importantly I am starting a new challenge today. I am starting an on line course which I hope (fingers crossed) will mean I can work part time from home. I will keep you up to date on my progress. My aim for this year is to be more organised so I hope to be posting more regularly. The challenge this week at Crafty Cardmakers is to have no floral embellishments on your project. You can have a flower image or flowery paper but no flower embellishments, harder than you might think!
This little bear is from Lilli of the Valley, I stamped him on watercolour card and used my watercolour pencils to colour him, I was surprised at the difference the card made in the result you get with the pencils. I inked the card as it was white and too stark, the corners are from my collection of dies. I mounted the little bear onto some more holographic card just to tie it all together.
I hope you can join us this time, don't forget to pop across to see what my team mates have come up with.

13 comments:

Annette said...

HI ,

WOO...what a lovely card :)
( I love bears )
I am happy to works with you in the team...

Annette xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there, love, love, love your card, the image is so sweet and your colouring is so pretty, the bear is lovely in his little frame.

Marie

Josephine said...

Aw, he's so cute! Beautifully colorued image, and a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love those corners. xx

Doreen said...

I love the image - so cute
Lovely card.
Hugs
Doreen xx

Mynn xx said...

Aw, what a sweet teddy! LOVE the tri fold card--and those metallic details! :)

Kim x said...

He's very cute. hugs Kimx

Sally said...

A smashing design & love that little bear! Nice touch to use holographic card on the matt & especially the corners, it's looks metallic,
Sally x

JoZart Designs said...

Great start to 2012 with that challenge. Well done!
love JoZarty x

J said...

I love the card, and the image you have coloured is so clean and fresh. He's a cute bear too, which always helps!

Meggymay said...

This is so adorable, the bear is a real cutie.
Yvonne

Lin said...

Tracy, this is so sweet. Love your little bear with his huge flower! My watercolour card isn't white enough, lol, perhaps we should mash them together and come up with the perfect shade.

Happy New Year

Lin

Eiglas said...

Love this card Hunni - that little bear is so precious and your colouring is wonderfully gentle.
The watercolour card clearly works well for this technique.
Hugs
Ei
x