Monday 28 November 2011

Embossing Challenge

This week at Crafty Cardmakers we are hosted by Josephine who has asked for heat embossing.
I always enjoy using my embossing powders and the heat gun but I don't think I use them enough. I was watching a crafting programme a while ago featuring embossing, I was very interested in the resist technique achieved by Versamark Ink and clear embossing powder.
For Christmas this year I decided not to do a present for the majority of people, they will get a handmade box filled with sweeties and a nice surprise at the bottom. After making the boxes I had lots of large scraps left and wasn't sure what to do with them, then I happened on a blog showing a corner bookmark, my scraps were just the right size to make them so I made 40 of them. Yes 40 of them, I did it in batches which was much easier and quicker.
The card is 9cm square, mark at 4.5cm on three points score and fold in the corners, I punched the bottom of the bookmark to give a nice edge, I added another scrap of card to the back for strength. I got a lovely alphabet set at Hobbycraft ages ago for 99p, I used this my Versamark and clear embossing powder to stamp the initial of each recipient. I punched out the letters and inked them in various colours of distress ink. I mounted this onto some shiny paper (more scraps I'm afraid!) and added it to the front.
I had put the majority of the bookmarks in the envelopes of the Christmas cards before I realised I hadn't photographed them altogether so I took a picture of the ones I had left.
We would love to see your take on our embossing challenge so break out those embossing powders and join us this time at Crafty Cardmakers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What brilliant little bookmarks. Great idea. xx

Josephine said...

These are gorgeous! I love the clean lines, and what a fabulous gift to include with your cards!

Princess4Wiz said...

What a novel idea and they look fabulous!

Beth. xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there, I am a big fan of embossing and love your bookmarks , what a clever Ida and a great gift. Love the colours and the great design.

Marie

Wishcraft said...

Great way to use your scraps, they look fab :o) Lisa x

Sheila said...

Thanks fro your comment on my blog. What a fun idea to use 'scraps' this way! They are stunning and I am sure they will be adored by the recipients! Sheila:)X